Lucinda Pickett Jones Organ
This Historic African-American Congregation was founded by a Civil War Chaplain. The present sanctuary houses a Pilcher Organ Op. 660 moved to the church and installed in June 1909 at a cost of $3,500.
The original casework stands, along with the Open Wood 16'. Later work electrified the instrument and moved the pipework to side chambers.
Church member Lucinda Pickett Jones graciously left her Baldwin Grand Piano, Hammond B-3 Organ, and funds for the renovation of the Pilcher to the church. In 1996 under the supervision of Roland Carter, Director of Music, the Rose Music Company, Inc. of Knoxville installed and interfaced a Rodgers 950 Three-Manual Organ to the Pilcher pipework.